C.R.E.W. is a leader in the design and manufacture of custom “one of a kind” and standard rollers for the converting industry. C.R.E.W. prides itself on hiring employees who are dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. C.R.E.W. seeks outs bright, highly motivated, enthusiastic, and talented employees who love exceeding expectations every day. If you have the drive to make a difference for customers consider joining our C.R.E.W.!
The Mechanical Design Engineer will design and CAD manufacturing drawings to customer specifications for custom converting rollers within the web converting industry. More specifically, this position will review customer documentation/specifications, determine/confirm design requirements, produce CAD manufacturing drawings, and be involved in helping oversee the manufacturing process.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited college or university and 2 years (minimum) of related industry experience
- Customer focused; excellent interpersonal skills- ability to clearly communicate both oral and written
- Ability to design and create technical documentation that meets regulatory standards and maintains documentation as required by our ISO 9001 system
- Ability to quickly analyze and understand customer drawings and processes
- Ability to run mechanical loading and heat transfer calculations, design, and produce manufacturing documentation
- Demonstrated ability to achieve project results within required timeframes
- Must possess strong mechanical aptitude, solid analytical skills, and good working knowledge of
- Proficient and knowledgeable in SolidWorks – creating and reviewing technical drawings and CAM
files for manufacturing
- Capable to work on multiple projects while maintaining schedules
- Contributes towards project planning and project management
- Driven, hardworking, and demonstrates strengths in getting results, meeting commitments &
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, estimate, plan and execute work that meets/exceeds customer
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detailed technical knowledge with a demonstrated ability to translate that knowledge into execution of manufacturing process and design improvements within projects.
- At least one year of manufacturing experience in a CNC machining or converting environment.
- Understanding and knowledge of heat treating, balancing, welding, surface platings and coatings
- Experience or education in lean or six sigma quality methods
- Evidence of continuing self-development
All applicants must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S. without need for sponsorship.
Lifting requirements: Frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Lifting devices are available and recommended.